GVHS Show Points Award Program
The GVHS provides show rules (see link on this page) that may be used by Gypsy Vanner breed shows. Please be aware that some shows use rules that may differ. Be sure to ALWAYS review the show rules posted for each show you are attending.
GVHS Awards & Points Program effective for the 2020 show season. New qualifying rules, awards and points class list.
Near the beginning of each year the GVHS Board of Directors reviews Show Checklists to develop a list of Points-Approved breed shows for the year.
These are the shows that will accumulate points for GVHS registered horses owned by GVHS members, and for GVHS Youth and declared Amateur Members. Additional shows may be approved and added throughout the year.
All shows on the list are independently managed.
The following awards are presented annually:
- High Point Overall Gypsy Vanner Horse
- High Point Performance WJ/WT Gypsy Vanner Horse
- High Point Performance WJL/WTC Gypsy Vanner Horse
- High Point Driving Gypsy Vanner Horse
- High Point Halter Gypsy Vanner Horse
- High Point Amateur
- High Point Performance Amateur
- High Point Halter Amateur
- High Point Youth
- High Point Performance Youth
- High Point Halter Youth
- Points are only given for qualifying classes at the approved shows.
- Show managers provide the GVHS with results. You do not have to track your results.
- Points are only given for classes for Gypsy Vanners (may include other Gypsy “types” Cob/Horse).
- Classes where the Gypsy Vanner is competing directly with another breed such as a class for Friesians/Gypsy Vanners/Drum Horses all in the ring, does not qualify as a breed class for show points.
- It is suggested, but not mandatory for Youth/Amateur riding classes to be split. GVHS is looking out for the safety of our Youth and Amateurs. However Halter classes MUST be separate for those points to count towards GVHS Year End Awards.
- For more detailed information on the High Point Awards Program, refer to GVHS High Point Awards Program.