Director and Officer Nominee qualifications include:
• Read, understand and agree to comply with the GVHS Code of Ethics document. The Code of Ethics applies to Director and Officer candidates the same as elected Directors and Officer.
• Support of the Gypsy Vanner Horse Society as your exclusive Registry of choice through farm promotion (website, advertising etc.) and also through business and personal communications on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.) This means nominees must not be members of other Gypsy Horse Associations set up to Register horses (GHA, GHRA, GCDHA, TGCA etc.) Show organization membership is acceptable. It is also accepted that nominee’s horses may hold prior Registrations with other organizations but it is required that all horses owned by the nominee that qualify hold GVHS Registrations.
• Demonstrate understanding of the Gypsy Vanner Horse as a Breed through consistent use of the Gypsy Vanner/Vanner name in farm promotion (website, advertising etc.) and also through business and personal communications on social media (Facebook, Twitter etc.).
• Director and Officer nominees are to have been a general or lifetime member in good standing for at least two years and shall have at least one to two years serving on a GVHS committee. Candidates with the equivalent amount of time actively participating in and promoting the GVHS in a positive manner at GVHS events, activities, breed demonstrations and GVHS annual meetings, may be considered on a case by case basis. A Director candidate must also own a registered Gypsy Vanner Horse. (Feb 23)
Directors elected are expected to:
1) Contribute to current and long-term strategic planning activities
2) Attend meetings (1-2 per year in person, average 1X/ month conference call)
3) Attend events – seminars, evaluations, attendance at the GVHS Annual General Membership Meeting, other events in your area or as needed etc)
- To vote in a Director election, the person must be a GVHS general or lifetime member in good standing and own a registered Gypsy Vanner Horse at least 90 days prior to the voting date.
- To vote on something other than a Director election, the person must be a GVHS general or lifetime member in good standing and own a registered Gypsy Vanner Horse.
- See GVHS bylaws for additional information on voting.
OFFICER Elections – the President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer are elected annually by the Board of Directors. A qualified person that would like to be considered for an Officer position must submit their resume and signed code of ethics to the GVHS office at firstname.lastname@example.org by Dec 15th.
Additional information regarding the election process is found in the GVHS Bylaws. If you have any further questions, contact the GVHS office.
It is the responsibility of the voting member to be sure the office has your correct email address.