Board of Directors Election
NOTE: Once the election is open for voting, all eligible members will receive an email notice containing their Simply Voting unique USERNAME, PASSWORD and a link to the online election ballot. Email blast reminders will be sent periodically throughout the time period to members who have not yet voted. If you do not receive the email with your voting information, first look to be sure you have a current General or Lifetime membership AND own a horse that is GVHS registered in your name. This qualifies you as a voting member. Check the latest MEMBERS list online to be sure the GVHS has your current email address. If not, please update by contacting the GVHS office. During the election, if you have verified your eligibility and email and email and still do not receive the notices from Simply Voting contact the GVHS office for assistance.
1) Contribute to current and long-term strategic planning activities
2) Attend meetings (1-2 per year in person, average 1X/ month conference call)
3) Attend GVHS Annual Meeting and events held in your Region
4) Participate in the registration process as warranted
5) Oversee GVHS finances
- Terms run for three years
Nominee qualifications include:
- Read, understand and agree to comply with the GVHS Code of Ethics document. The Code of Ethics applies to Director candidates the same as elected Directors.
- Support of the Gypsy Vanner Horse Society as your exclusive Registry of choice through farm promotion (website, advertising etc.) and also through business and personal communications on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.) This means Board nominees must not be members of other Gypsy Horse Associations set up to Register horses (GHA, GHRA, GCDHA, TGCA etc.) Show organization membership is acceptable. It is also accepted that nominee’s horses may hold prior Registrations with other organizations but it is required that all horses owned by the nominee that qualify hold GVHS Registrations.
- Demonstrate understanding of the Gypsy Vanner Horse as a Breed through consistent use of the Gypsy Vanner/Vanner name in farm promotion (website, advertising etc.) and also through business and personal communications on social media (Facebook, Twitter etc.).
- Active involvement in GVHS events and activities (Expos, Training – seminars, Evaluations, attendance at the GVHS Annual General Membership Meeting etc)
- General or Lifetime member in good standing for at least 2 years, own a Gypsy Vanner Horse, have a passion for the Gypsy Vanner Horse breed and are committed to maintaining the Gypsy Vanner breed in accordance with the Goals and Mission of the GVHS.
Information regarding the election process is found in the GVHS Bylaws. If you have any further questions, contact the GVHS office.
It is the responsibility of the voting member to be sure the office has your correct email address.