The Gypsy Vanner Horse Evaluation Program has been developed as an educational tool for the horse breeder, to promote thoughtful breeding of Gypsy Vanner Horses of the type as detailed in the breed standard, and for the public to educate them about the breed. The program’s purpose is to help breeders and owners to educate themselves about the strengths and weaknesses of their horses so they can use this knowledge in making educated breeding and purchasing decisions.
This system should be viewed as an important tool to help preserve the wonderful characteristics of the Gypsy Vanner Horse. The conformation-movement evaluation is also an integral part of the GVHS Registration process. Horses lacking DNA verification of both sire and dam require a certain minimum conformation-movement evaluation score to move from the GVHS Pre-Studbook into the Regular Studbook.
- The Gypsy Vanner Horse Society offers a voluntary evaluation program as an educational tool for the horse owner and breeder to:
- Promote thoughtful breeding of Gypsy Vanner Horses of the type as detailed in the Breed Standard
- To educate about the breed.
- As an important part of the Gypsy Vanner Registration.
- Educate to identify strengths and weaknesses of an animal to make smart breeding and purchasing decisions
- A unique marketing tool
- Award levels, versatility goals, and hall of fame
- Video of English Performance evaluation
- Video of Western Performance evaluation
- Video of Movement Presentation on triangle
Contact the GVHS at email@example.com for details in how to get an evaluation in your area. Sign up your horse(s) at anytime for these locations. It is important we have enough participation in order to move forward with a location.
March 10, Statesboro, GA – prior to the FHC show
March 31, Tyler, Texas – prior to to the FHC show
August 31, St Louis, MO – prior to the GV Congress show
Alberta, Canada – TBD