GVHS Show Points Award Program
The GVHS provides show rules (see link on this page) to be used by Gypsy Vanner breed shows. Be sure to review for any supplemental show rules for the show you are attending.
To see an illustrated presentation of 2024 rule updates please view the following presentation: Tips and Rule Updates For Showing Your Gypsy Vanner Horse – 2024
Please click on the link below to view the GVHS Awards and Points Program:
By participating in a GVHS points approved show(s), exhibitors and owners agree to accept the rules and policies of the GVHS program.
Near the beginning of each year the GVHS Board of Directors reviews Show Checklists to develop a list of Points-Approved breed shows for the year. The GVHS reserves the right to approve or deny a show for points. The GVHS show season runs from January 1 each year through the National Show in November. This allows the GVHS time to finalize points and get awards ready for presentation.
These are the shows that will accumulate points for GVHS registered horses owned by GVHS members, and for GVHS Youth and declared Amateur Members. Additional shows may be approved and added throughout the year, however any show to be considered must be requested on the GVHS official show request form at least 90 days prior to the show date(s). The GVHS will approve a maximum of 5 points qualifying shows per state per year.
All shows on the list are independently managed. The show managers are responsible to post or have available the show results for the exhibitors. The GVHS does not provide those results.
These awards are presented starting with the 2023 show season:
- High Point Overall Gypsy Vanner Horse
- High Point Performance WJ/WT Gypsy Vanner Horse
- High Point Performance WJL/WTC Gypsy Vanner Horse
- High Point Driving Gypsy Vanner Horse
- High Point Halter Gypsy Vanner Horse
- High Point Amateur
- High Point Performance WJ/WT Amateur
- HIgh Point Performance WJL/WTC Amateur
- High Point Halter Amateur
- High Point Amateur Owner
- High Point Performance WJ/WT Amateur Owner
- High Point Performance WJL/WTC Amateur Owner
- High Point Halter Amateur Owner
- High Point Youth
- High Point Performance WJ/WT Youth
- High Point Performance WJL/WTC Youth
- High Point Halter Youth
- Points are only given for qualifying classes at the approved shows.
- You can view show results as provided to the GVHS on the Show Results page.
- The exhibitor or owner should review the points posted by the GVHS. After 12/31 of the show year the points are final.
- Points are only given for classes for Gypsy Vanners (may include other Gypsy “types” Cob/Horse).
- Classes where the Gypsy Vanner is competing directly with another breed such as a class for Friesians/Gypsy Vanners/Drum Horses all in the ring, does not qualify as a breed class for show points.
- Youth and Amateur classes may not be combined. The only exception is a single entry youth performance class, may be combined with an amateur class.
- The GVHS provides show rules . Some shows may have additional rules specific to that show, be sure to check with show management. Anyone can request a change, addition, or update to a GVHS show rule. All requests must be submitted to the GVHS office in writing no later than July 1 for a change, addition, or update to be considered for the next show year commencing January 1.
- GVHS Legion (Lifetime Points) Awards