Call for Articles- Submission Guidelines
The Gypsy Vanner Horse Society is pleased to offer its members as well as breed enthusiasts an official publication for the Gypsy Vanner Horse and the Society. The publication is The Vanner and the 2020 edition will be ready for distribution in summer 2020. This annual yearbook is designed to provide educational information on the Breed and Registry as well as celebrate our member farms breeding programs, accomplishments in the show ring and participation in other equine activities (parades, expos, therapy horses, endurance and trail riding, etc.).
We invite GVHS members and friends to submit articles that can be included under one of the following sections:
- Mission and Goals
- Defining The Vanner Breed
- GVHS Industry Partners: USDF, USEF, ADS, ACTHA
- Vanner Stallions
- Celebrating Our GVHS Youth
- Vanner Versatility
- International GVHS
- 2019 Awards and Recognition
- Vanner Health & Welfare
Submission Guidelines (Download/print pdf):
- All articles and advertisements must honor and respect the Gypsy Vanner Horse Society and the Gypsy Vanner Horse. Within the publication GVHS registered horses will be referred to as Gypsy Vanner Horse, Gypsy Vanner, Vanner Horse, or simply Vanners. Horses featured in articles must be GVHS Registered and the articles must not promote other gypsy horse Associations/ Registries. The GVHS reserves the right to reject or to edit any articles submitted to support these guidelines.
- All articles should be submitted in either Word (.doc) or Rich Text Format (.rtf) and may be up to 800 to 1200 words. Submit photos to be considered for inclusion with the article. Photos should be high resolution (300 dpi for final print).
- Member farms may submit more than one article. However, based on the page limit for the publication and the number of submissions we receive, not all articles submitted may be selected for publication.
- The Cover & Poster – the cover & GVHS poster images will be selected to represent the content and/or theme of the magazine. The photo must show your Vanner at its best; well groomed, xhibiting the look, performance, and value that is the Vanner. Members are encouraged to submit photos for consideration for these feature spots in the magazine.
Don’t miss the opportunity to contribute to this Annual publication with distribution to all GVHS members and at major events throughout North America reaching an audience of over 15,000 equine enthusiasts.
Members may request additional copies to distribute when attending equine events.