The Gypsy Vanner Horse Society is pleased to offer its members as well as breed enthusiasts an official publication for the Gypsy Vanner Horse and the Society. The publication is The Vanner and the 2019 edition will be ready for distribution in summer 2019. This annual yearbook is designed to provide educational information on the Breed and Registry as well as celebrate our member farms breeding programs, accomplishments in the show ring and participation in other equine activities (parades, expos, therapy horses, endurance and trail riding, etc.).
We invite GVHS members and friends to submit articles that can be included under one of the following sections:
- Mission and Goals
- Defining The Vanner Breed
- GVHS Industry Partners: USDF, USEF, ADS, ACTHA
- Glorious Geldings!
- Celebrating Our GVHS Youth
- Vanner Versatility
- International GVHS
- 2017 Awards and Recognition
- Vanner Health & Welfare
- All articles and advertisements must honor and respect the Gypsy Vanner Horse Society and the Gypsy Vanner Horse. Within the publication, GVHS registered horses will be referred to as Gypsy Vanner Horse, Gypsy Vanner, Vanner Horse, or simply Vanners. The GVHS reserves the right to edit any articles submitted to support this terminology.
- All articles should be in either Word (.doc) or Rich Text Format (.rtf) and may be up to 800 to 1000 words. Submit photos to be considered for inclusion with the article. Photos should be high resolution (300dpi for final print).
- Member farms may submit more than one article. However, based on the page limit for the publication and the number of submissions we receive, not all articles submitted may be selected for publication.
- The Cover – the cover is selected to represent the theme of the magazine. The Cover and Cover Spotlight will be determined by the Editor and the GVHS Board of Directors.
- POSTER – we have the option for members to purchase one side of the pullout poster. The photo must show your Vanner at its best; well groomed, exhibiting the look, performance, and value that is the Vanner. Acceptance for this feature placement is subject to editorial review. This is not an advertisement but the horse name & owner/ farm information will be printed in the corner of the poster.
- Advertisements and Prices
Advertisements may be submitted to us camera ready or photos and text can be sent for us to develop the ad.
Our submission deadline for articles and advertisements is June 15, 2019.
All of our members will receive a copy of The Vanner. Copies will be distributed at major equine events throughout North America and internationally. Members may request additional copies to distribute when attending equine events.