The Gypsy Vanner Horse Society is pleased to offer its members as well as breed enthusiasts an official publication for the Gypsy Vanner Horse and the Society. The publication is The Vanner and the 2017 edition will be ready for distribution in summer 2017. This annual yearbook is designed to provide educational information on the Breed and Registry as well as celebrate our member farms breeding programs, accomplishments in the show ring and participation in other equine activities (parades, expos, therapy horses, endurance and trail riding, etc.).
We invite GVHS members and friends to submit articles that can be included under one of the following Table of Contents sections:
- Mission and Goals
- Defining The Vanner Breed
- GVHS Industry Partners: USDF, USEF, ADS, ACTHA
- The Horse of Dreams: the Gypsy Vanner
- Celebrating Our GVHS Youth
- Vanner Versatility
- Fun Stories
- International GVHS
- 2016 Awards and Recognition
- Vanner Health
- All articles and advertisements must honor and respect the Gypsy Vanner Horse Society and the Gypsy Vanner Horse. Within the publication GVHS registered horses will be referred to as Gypsy Vanner Horse, Gypsy Vanner, Vanner Horse, or simply Vanners. The GVHS reserves the right to edit any articles submitted to support this terminology.
- All articles should be in either Word (.doc) or Rich Text Format (.rtf) and may be up to 800 to 1000 words. Submit photos to be considered for inclusion with the article. Photos should be high resolution (300dpi for final print).
- Member farms may submit more than one article. However, based on the 120 page publication and the number of submissions we receive only one farm article may be chosen.
- The Cover – the cover is not sold but rather earned through dedicated service or top level performance through promoting, honoring, and celebrating the Gypsy Vanner Breed and our Society. The Cover and Cover Spotlight will be determined by the Communications Committee and the GVHS Board of Directors.
- POSTER – we have the option for members to purchase the Centerfold/ poster. The photo must show your Vanner at its best; well groomed, exhibiting the look, performance, and value that is the Vanner. Acceptance for this feature placement is subject to editorial review. This is not an advertisement but the horse name & owner/ farm information will be printed in the corner of the poster. The price is $1325.
- Advertisements and Prices:
a.Full page – $630 (inside covers- $790 each)
b.½ page – $330
c.¼ page – $175
d.business card- $100
Advertisements may be submitted to us camera ready or photos and text can be sent for us to develop the ad.
Our submission deadline for articles and advertisements is June 1, 2017.
All of our members will receive a copy of The Vanner. Copies will be distributed at major equine events throughout North America and internationally. Members may request additional copies to distribute when attending equine events.