- A GVHS member may register a prefix for a fee of $100. This is a one time charge. Prefixes are required to be used in naming every foal recorded by the breeder that owns the prefix.
- Breeders may have only one active prefix, only the owner of the prefix can use it.
- Every animal bred by the prefix owner shall bear such a prefix.
- The breeder is considered to be the person who owns the dam at the time of birth of the foal being named unless otherwise designated.
- Animals sold in utero may use the prefix of the owner of the dam.
- In instances of herd or dispersal sales where all or a large part of a herd is sold to one purchaser, the herd prefix may be transferred to the new owner(s) upon written permission of the breeder and approval of the BOD.
- Owners right to prefix shall be at least two letters and included with the name of the horse cannot exceed the 40 letter limit for naming.
- The words Vanner, Romany, and Gypsy can not be used alone as a prefix.
Fill out the prefix form below. Be sure to check the listing of prefixes already in use by clicking the link above. The GVHS reserves the right to refuse a prefix and/or request you choose a different one.