The Gypsy Vanner Horse Evaluation Program has been developed as an educational tool for the horse breeder, to promote thoughtful breeding of Gypsy Vanner Horses of the type as detailed in the breed standard, and for the public to educate them about the breed. The program’s purpose is to help breeders and owners to educate themselves about the strengths and weaknesses of their horses so they can use this knowledge in making educated breeding and purchasing decisions.
This system should be viewed as an important tool to help preserve the wonderful characteristics of the Gypsy Vanner Horse. The conformation-movement evaluation is also an integral part of the GVHS Registration process. Horses lacking DNA verification of both sire and dam require a certain minimum conformation-movement evaluation score to move from the GVHS Pre-Studbook into the Regular Studbook.
- The Gypsy Vanner Horse Society offers a voluntary evaluation program as an educational tool for the horse owner and breeder to:
- Promote thoughtful breeding of Gypsy Vanner Horses of the type as detailed in the Breed Standard
- To educate about the breed.
- As an important part of the Gypsy Vanner Registration.
- Educate to identify strengths and weaknesses of an animal to make smart breeding and purchasing decisions
- A unique marketing tool
- Award levels, versatility goals, and hall of fame
MARCH 18, 2016- ENTRY FORM
Los Angeles Equestrian Center, Burbank, CA
* In conjunction with the Rainbow Royal/ CGHC Southern CA Show,
JUNE 3, 2016- ENTRY FORM
Salt Lake County Equestrian Center, 2100 West 11400 South, South Jordan, UT
* In conjunction with Feathered Horse Classic West,
JUNE 25, 2016- ENTRY FORM
DH’s Rosewood Farm LLC, 8304 East ML Ave., Kalamazoo, MI
SEPTEMBER 23, 2016- Central AB Gypsy Vanner Show, OLDS, AB
OCTOBER 2, 2016- Tentative CONTACT GVHS Office to express interest
Thistleridge Farm, MONTVILLE, OH
FEBRUARY 18, 2017- ENTRY FORM
Grand Oaks Resort, Weirsdale, FL
* In conjunction with GVHS 2017 Annual Meeting,
Other location requests currently under review:
PA or New England location