The Gypsy Vanner Horse Evaluation Program has been developed as an educational tool for the horse breeder, to promote thoughtful breeding of Gypsy Vanner Horses of the type as detailed in the breed standard, and for the public to educate them about the breed. The program’s purpose is to help breeders and owners to educate themselves about the strengths and weaknesses of their horses so they can use this knowledge in making educated breeding and purchasing decisions.
This system should be viewed as an important tool to help preserve the wonderful characteristics of the Gypsy Vanner Horse. The conformation-movement evaluation is also an integral part of the GVHS Registration process. Horses lacking DNA verification of both sire and dam require a certain minimum conformation-movement evaluation score to move from the GVHS Pre-Studbook into the Regular Studbook.
- The Gypsy Vanner Horse Society offers a voluntary evaluation program as an educational tool for the horse owner and breeder to:
- Promote thoughtful breeding of Gypsy Vanner Horses of the type as detailed in the Breed Standard
- To educate about the breed.
- As an important part of the Gypsy Vanner Registration.
- Educate to identify strengths and weaknesses of an animal to make smart breeding and purchasing decisions
- A unique marketing tool
- Award levels, versatility goals, and hall of fame
JUNE 2, 2017- ENTRY FORM
Salt Lake County Equestrian Center, UT
* In conjunction with Feathered Horse Classic, WEST
JUNE 4, 2017- ENTRY FORM
St. Joseph, MN
September 22, 2017 ENTRY FORM
Red Bluff, CA /Cancelled
October 21, 2017 ENTRY FORM
Kansas City, Mo
2018 locations requested: