Board of Directors Election
NEW FOR 2018 – Electronic Voting (see information link to the right on this page)
Review Nominees’ Qualifications & Bios: CLICK HERE
1) Contribute to current and long-term strategic planning activities
2) Attend meetings (1-2 per year in person, average 1X/ month conference call)
3) Attend GVHS Annual Meeting and events held in your Region
4) Participate in the registration process as warranted
5) Oversee GVHS finances
- Terms run for three years
Nominee qualifications include having:
- Demonstrated support of the Gypsy Vanner Horse Society as your exclusive Registry of choice through farm promotion (website, advertising etc.) and also through business and personal communications on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.) This means Board nominees must not be members of other Gypsy Horse Associations set up to Register horses (GHA, GHRA, GCDHA etc.) Show organization membership is acceptable. It is also accepted that nominee’s horses may hold prior Registrations with other organizations but it is expected that all horses that qualify should hold GVHS Registrations.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Gypsy Vanner Horse as a Breed through consistent use of the Gypsy Vanner/Vanner name in farm promotion (website, advertising etc.) and also through business and personal communications on social media (Facebook, Twitter etc.).
- Previous active involvement in GVHS events and activities (Expos, Training – seminars, attendance at the GVHS Annual General Membership Meeting)
- General or Lifetime member in good standing (preferred > TWO YEARS’ Membership), own a Gypsy Vanner Horse, have a passion for the Gypsy Vanner Horse breed and are committed to maintaining the Gypsy Vanner breed in accordance with the Goals and Mission of the GVHS, consider submitting your nomination information.
Information regarding the nomination and election process is found in the GVHS Bylaws. If you have any further questions, contact the GVHS office.
It is the responsibility of the voting member to be sure the office has your correct email address. Voting information and link to qualifications of each candidate will be sent to voting members at the beginning of November. Voting closes on December 14, 2018.